Posts received : Friday, April 13

[Mommy's Thoughts]Received 04/13/2007 21:50

Practice Run...

On Wednesday I began having some contractions at school. That evening I felt better but we went ahead and sent Hannah off to her "sleepover" with Cameron that night in case we had to make that midnight run to Baylor All Saints for our stork delivery.

The next morning I felt much better so I decided to start packing my bag just in case, but I guess I was wrong. By 9:30 the contractions were coming every 5-6 minutes for over an hour so we called the doctor and the nurse said to head to the hospital.

We arrived at Baylor to find a MESS with all of the construction going on. The hospital looks nothing like it did 2 1/2 years ago. We found the ER finally so we checked in through there just to find our way up to the 3rd floor.

They checked me in and hooked me up and almost immediately the contractions ranged from 3-7 minutes apart. They lasted any where from 10 seconds to 45 seconds. The nurse really didn't want to delivery that day since Andrew is still shy of 36 weeks. The NICU is not up and running due to construction and if he had problems they would have to send him to another hospital away from me.

I wasn't dilated much more than I was on Monday so they thought I just might be a little dehydrated so in went the fluids. After an hour of fluids they decided to send me home since I hadn't progressed. The baby was fine and the contractions finally slowed down a bit. The nurse was pretty sure though that we wouldn't make it to May and that in a few weeks we would probably be making another trip to Baylor, but this time for real.

So now the real waiting begins! Ricky was hoping we would have a 9-5 delivery just like Hannah's was. Looks like Andrew might have plans of his own...

The Daddy has a wedding tomorrow night so you local people get ready as I may need someone to drive me to the hospital. Any takers?

We will keep you posted!!! At least my bags are packed now... One less thing for me to get done.